Discover how to play 3-card poker live in Bitcasino!
Poker is, without a doubt, the leading game in the world of casinos that’s why many variants have emerged to offer punters a better gaming experience.
These variations allow numerous players to explore and elevate their gameplay based on their skill and risk tolerance. One type that stands out is three-card poker live due to its easy gameplay and rewarding nature.
So, if you want to learn more about this exciting version of poker, keep reading here in Bitcasino!
What is 3-card poker live?
Three-card poker is a straightforward game in which you are not required to make any challenging decisions since it offers lighter entertainment while visiting the casino. In this game, the objective is simple: to have the best hand against the dealer.
Because of its similar gameplay with Texas Hold’em, they are often confused with each other, especially by players who are familiar with the specifics.
In Texas Hold’em, five community cards and two cards are given to the dealer and players. On the other hand, in 3-card poker, both the dealer and players get three cards, and the better poker hand wins.
How to play the game
- The player makes an ante bet or a pair plus bet to begin the game, indicating their confidence in getting at least a pair or better in their first hand.
- Each player and the dealer are then given three cards face down.
- In three-card poker, players have the option to “play” or “fold”.
- Afterwards, the player will examine his hand and decide whether or not to make a play bet, which is equivalent to the Ante wager. To move forward with the game, players must have a Queen or better hand.
- If a player thinks he has a weak hand, he can forfeit his hand. However, this would mean that his ante and playing wager will be both collected by the dealer.
- If the dealer has a weaker hand (Jack-high or lower) than the player, then the player’s wager will be returned. On the other hand, if the dealer has a higher hand (Queen), the ante and player wager should be paid out in 1:1.
- If the dealer has a superior hand, all ante and playing bets are collected.
Bonus bets and payouts
To start the game, players are required to place an ante, but they also have the option to place two other bonus bets: the 6 Card Bonus bet and the Pair Plus Bonus bet. Check out their differences below:
Ante bonus bet
An Ante Bonus is given to the player with an ante wager and has a hand that is straight or better. Here are the payouts for this bet based on your hand:
- Straight pays 1:1
- Three of a kind pays 4:1
- Straight flush pays 5:1.
Pair plus bonus bet
A pair plus bonus bet is a type of side bet in 3-card poker where the player’s objective is to make a pair or better. Players must first put an ante bet before wagering on this side bet. Here are the payouts you can receive based on your hands:
- Mini Royal pays 100:1
- Straight Flush pays 40:1
- Three of a Kind pays 30:1
- Straight pays 5:1
- Flush pays 4:1
- Pair pays 1:1.
Six-card bonus bet
A six-card bonus bet is another optional side bet in this game where the goal is to have the best five-card combination by combining the dealer and player’s three cards. Here are the payouts based on the hands you make:
- Royal Flush pays 1000:1
- Straight Flush pays 200:1
- Four of a Kind pays 100:1
- Full House pays 20:1
- Flush pays 15:1
- Straight pays 10:1
- Three of a Kind pays 7:1.
Tips when playing three-card live poker
3-card poker is known to have a low house edge and is easy to play. However, having a few tips and tricks under your belt can even elevate your chances of winning. Remember, it’s still a game of chance, so don’t linger on the safe side by being careless. Here are a few tips you can try:
Know the basics of the game
Just like with the many variants of poker, you should always know the basics of 3-card poker. You can do this by researching the versions of poker and checking out their differences.
Through this, you can familiarise yourself with the background and rules. Having a good grasp of how the game works can easily give you an advantage, especially when you encounter situations where you can research while playing.
Know the hands you can encounter
One of the things to ensure you can win in three-card poker is to know the hands you can form while playing. Having enough knowledge on this can grant you an upper hand because you know how to play the next move. Here are some combinations for example:
|Dealer’s hand||Player Hands||Winner|
|♦K ♠Q ♣9King of diamonds, Queen of spades, 9 of clubs||♣A ♥7 ♠3Ace of clubs, 7 of hearts, 3 of spades||On this hand, the player has the upper hand because the value of Ace is higher than the King’s.|
|♠Q ♣10 ♥3Queen of spades, 10 of clubs, 3 of hearts||♠A ♦8 ♥5Ace of spades, 8 of diamonds, 5 of hearts||In this combination, the player wins again because the King belongs to a higher rank than the Queen.|
|♣K ♠8 ♣ 7King of clubs, 8 of spades, 7 of clubs||♦Q ♠10 ♥4Queen of diamonds, 10 of spades, 4 of hearts||If the dealer has this hand combination, he wins because the King is higher than the Queen.|
Take note that it’s also important that you know each card’s value to know your standing during playing.